Consortia of Research and Technological Development in sectors of National Priority
Thursday, June 1, 2006 to Monday, March 31, 2008
The main objective of the project is the development of a vocational training platform for Open and Distance Learning, which will be mainly focused on meeting the needs of Vocational Centers as well as of all the organizations that provide life-long learning and training. In particular, the project aims at the:
- Exploitation of lessons and experiences learned from prior systems for supporting distance training in order to develop a platform that will meet the special needs of Vocational Centers
- Application of modern pedagogic models and theories of learning in systems for distance learning
- Exploitation of open source technologies for the development of the platform
- Compatibility with well known educational standards
- Investigation of new technologies and development of a framework for their most effective application and use in environments for open and distance learning.